Going Underground with Telltales
Telltales, wordsmiths of the South West, are back again to tease and entrance with their new set Going Underground, showcasing the brightest and best writers, both established and emerging, from Cornwall and beyond.
We’re back at The Admiral Benbow, Chapel Street, Penzance the evening of 7 July, and we’ve adopted the festival theme: ‘Going Underground’ This is always a good evening with a special atmosphere so well worth making the effort for – as a writer or listener. Deadline for submissions is midnight Friday 1 July.
You’re welcome to join us and let others hear your voice at the Admiral Benbow. To take part:
1. Submit your entry using the form at www.telltales.org.uk
2. Please don’t hold back because you’ve only just started to write, have never had anything published, have never read in public before – or for any other reason. Telltales wouldn’t exist without writers, and all are welcome.
3. We accept all kinds of writing (stories, poems, fiction, non-fiction, reflective, life, travel, novel extract, etc.) from all sorts of writers (beginners to the well-established, aged from 16 to 110).
4. The ‘Going Underground’ theme can be interpreted in any way, and as loosely as you like, and if it doesn’t inspire you at all but there’s something else you’d like to read please submit it; we will consider everything.
5. The writing should take no more than 10 minutes to read aloud.
6. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
7. Remember, please submit your entry by midnight on Friday 1st July.